“Geez! I have been working some floor duty lately and I am getting run ragged by all these people that call in and just need/want to rent!”
Is this you? I have heard this quote from many, many realtors in the last few weeks, and every time I hear it a huge cash register goes off in my head with anticipation for a great 2012. It is probable that all of these renters will end up being buyers in the next 12 to 24 months!
Here is a 5 step process to make sure that the time you are spending with possible renters now is 100% worth while.
- Spend the time to help them rent! Although a little painful now, go through your usual process, make them love you, and help them find something now that meets their short term needs while planting the longer term seed.
- Put them into your drip campaign to make sure you are checking in with them on a monthly basis at a minimum, and send them listings in the area whether they ask for them or not.
- Refer them to a lender (like me for example J ) right now, not in 12 months!! Most likely they are renting for a reason, may not be qualified, and now is the time to get them on a 12 month plan to make sure they are 100% qualified when it is time to go buy.
- I will get them on my relationship campaign as well! I will work with them every month to make sure they are saving, fixing their credit, etc, and of course I am keeping your name in front of them every step of the way.
- When the time comes to buy, I will arm you and the client with a Loan Commitment (not a pre-approval) so that this non-contingent buyer has maximum purchasing power when they are making offers, and we can close quickly.
And of course, lastly, you have made a client for life, and a raving fan who will be referring you friends and family, sometimes before they even go and buy themselves.
I have successfully executed this plan with realtors for years, especially in the true purchase markets like we are seeing today (ie, people purchasing based on need and not speculation, etc) –
Let me help you make 2012 your best year ever!